Head of School [July 2018]
Quest Montessori School, a coeducational Montessori school for students ages 18 months through 14 years, seeks a Head of School effective in July 2018.
Quest Montessori School has assembled the pieces of the puzzle necessary to realize its vision of developing the state’s foremost toddler to eighth-grade Montessori program. The vision of this authentic Montessori school is now a reality as Quest now occupies a new 12,500 square foot facility for children starting at 18 months in our Toddler Program to age 14 in our Middle School Program. A new multipurpose space is currently under construction, which will add 3,500 square feet to the school.
After four years at Quest, current Head of School Michael Barclay departs at the end of the 2017-2018 school year for a new position. Therefore, the Board seeks another passionate educator to lead the school into the future.
Quest is always interested to hear from Montessori-trained teachers at all levels.
The mission of Quest Montessori School is to nurture our children’s love of learning. A Montessori curriculum will serve the needs of the whole child; it is our desire that the children be academically motivated, artistically creative, physically active, and emotionally supported. The school will be a safe, caring and peaceful environment, which will prepare students of diverse backgrounds to pursue that which inspires them.
- Bachelors Degree
- AMS, AMI or other Montessori Teacher Certification
- Demonstrated understanding of Montessori principles
- Strong classroom management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of Montessori student tracking and assessment practices
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Ideal Qualifications for the Primary Program:
- BA degree in Early Childhood Education
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Communication skills and teamwork spirit are required
Additionally, Quest Montessori School always welcomes inquiries about opportunities, paid or volunteer, in the following roles:
- educational internships
- after-school program personnel
- Board members
- specialists (artists, musicians, craftspeople, scientists, etc.)
If you are interested in becoming part of Quest Montessori, please complete and submit the Employment Application along with a cover letter and résumé to Michael Barclay, Head of School, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to send us your information even if you do not see any current job openings.
Quest is an equal opportunity employer.